Friday, November 18, 2011

obnoxious

I'm feeling another painful breakdown coming on. Why does the bottom always seem to drop out at the most unfortunate times?
A really, really good friend tells me she's engaged- well, my bottom had dropped out already, so while I was super happy for her- I couldn't show it. Friendship ruined.
A really, really good friend tells me she's going on a third date with someone who is really good for her- I'm green with envy cause all the dirt bags I come in contact with just want one thing- and the one good guy I'd been looking forward to going out with just told me he got back with his ex. Weekend ruined.
I have an interview- first one for a few weeks. They tell me my salary requirements are unrealistic. They tell me that because my resume is padded with customer service, that's probably all I'll get- even though my skills assessment shows that I am capable of much, much more. They give me info about a position, pays 50% less than what I wanted. I'm down, but not out- till I tell my dad. He's so disappointed I can feel it 2 hours away. Now I'm down and out.
I just don't know what I can do to push though it. People tell me how lucky I am, how great of a person I am... all the bullshit you're supposed to tell your friend when they're having a bad day, right? I'm so used to hearing it, I don't even believe it any more. (keep it coming anyway- cause while I don't believe it, I do like hearing it)
What could I have possibly done to prevent this shitstorm?
And why do I feel like I'm standing on the corner, with a broken umbrella, watching life happen right in front of me... but too scared to reach out and take it.
I'm so mad at myself- I don't even know how to recover from this.

1 comment:

  1. I want to share the best life lesson I learned this week. When you are out on and interview or a date or whatever, it is your time. It is not the interviewer's time and you do not need to prove that you want the job. It is your time, your time to shine! Same goes for pretty much any situation. Keep your head up!

    ReplyDelete

Grief... and Depression

From the book On Grief and Grieving ,"Empty feelings present themselves, and grief enters our lives on a deeper level, deeper than we e...