Sunday, February 5, 2012

Hard Work.... it really pays off

Ok... so I woke up today, realized it was SuperBowl Sunday in Indianapolis... and cringed. I don't have anywhere to go, but I have so much to do at home that I can't really afford to do anything anyway- so I'm putting this on my "lessons I need to learn" list- I can function, completely normally, on my own. This would usually be a day I'd be super blue about not having someone in my life... so I'm taking this lesson on the fast track. I will not allow myself to be sad. I will not allow myself to overthink it. Today is just another Sunday... with football and good commercials!
So, since I've been giving everyone (all 8 of my followers) the silent treatment (which is a lie, since I'm very vocal on facebook) I need to throw an update out there- and what an update it is.

My last post on Nov. 18, I was a very, very sad and misguided person. I was upset about a bad job offer, and I was jealous at friends for being happy- so, I'm throwing all that out the window (kinda)
A great man-friend of mine told me about the place that his girlfriend works. They were hiring, he set me up with her contact offer. I interviewed, I had a working interview, and I accepted a job offer in December. My life has done a 180. I'm now working at a vet hospital in Carmel. I was hired in as a Client Services Coordinator (receptionist with a lot of responsibility) and started on December 27. I did take a pay cut, but I can confidently say that I've never been happier- so mom and dad are helping stay on my feet me a little while longer, thank God for them-
I was promoted on January 23 to Team Leader and February 2, I attended training to be a trainer. I now have 2 other CSCs under me, and while I'm still learning everything, I'm trying very hard to be a strong leader in the hospital.
I have gotten praise, recognition, and some of the best guidance- that I have ever received in a job. I've never felt so confident at the end of the day- that I worked hard and did my best. Clearly, others did not loose faith in me, as I had lost it in myself months ago... it was an amazing lesson to learn.
I am now working, on average, 13 hour days. I get up at 5:30 (most mornings)- which if you know me- you know this, alone, is like a little person hiking to the top of Mt. Everest. I'm a 10 am wake-up call during the week; noon on weekends kind of girl... not anymore. Granted, I practically streamline caffeine during my first couple hours of consciousness- but I no longer look like a zombie. I'm on my feet for most of my shift, I'm up and moving around, unable to sit on my larger-than-life ass and snack all day- and I've lost 10 lbs since I started my job. I am now down 40 since I started this lifestyle change in July. I will be participating in my first Mini--- next spring. I'm not up for running distances just yet- but I love that I have a goal.
I have also stopped being a sourpuss every.single.day about being single. I've stopped because I'm hopeful that with this major change in my life, will come another one. I'm confident that because I'm not living in a 3-ft cubicle every day, maybe I'll meet Mr. Right (or Mr. Right Now). Not only am I getting to work at 7 am... I'm getting to work at 7 am with hair and makeup done. This is attributed to the fact that I am no longer stressing out about what outfit makes me look the least fat... because (wait for it).................................. I get to wear scrubs! It's so much better than jeans day on Fridays.
I love the people that I work with, for the most part, everyone has smiles on their faces- every day. It's such a big change from anything I've experienced before.

I have not spoken to the idiot since... I don't even remember. It's been months. The whole "I'm 32 with an 18-year old girlfriend" really made me want to projectile vomit. I heard he'd defaulted on his loan with my dad... so of course, I Google-mapped the route and offered to drive my dad 12 hours to see him (with a baseball bat) but he said no, again. (silence the violence, right?) I made it through Christmas without going through mass-amounts of Kleenex. I spent New Years at my best-friends house with her family, getting ready for a very special First Birthday party. I just have to get through this month's raunchy mid-month, pink-and-red, flaming-red-hot, gag-me-with-a-toothpick holiday... and I'll be good to go for a while.



Speaking of the holiday of love... it was once my anniversary- so to commemorate- I'm actually thinking of taking my ring and building it into something... with my tax check.
I like the idea of the pear shaped ring... simply because Peridot is my birthstone. Peridot is supposed to be the healing stone. Lord knows I need healing after dealing with everything that went on. Also, I know it's super sappy... but the pear-shape kinda looks like a tear drop to me. I did plenty of crying- so that seems perfect. Healing after the tears-

I don't know what I'll come up with, but I know I'm ready to start coming up with some solid ideas, so that I can present them to the jewelry designer.


Ok, so I guess that's all there is to say.

Until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grief... and Depression

From the book On Grief and Grieving ,"Empty feelings present themselves, and grief enters our lives on a deeper level, deeper than we e...