Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Days Off.... or Off Days?

You know, until recently, I've really loved my days off. Not that I'm saying I don't need a break here or there, but- man, the time creeps on and I'm finding myself bored as hell! I don't have the patience to get out stuff for crafting- though I should... so instead, I shop.
I shop and I get my hair done (twice in just over a month... I'm lucky I didn't come home bald today)
I shop and I nap.
I shop... and that's all.
Mind you, I don't have an unlimited income to be doing all this shopping. I've been stopping at every Goodwill I pass by- and have noticed, by the way, that the pavement at Goodwill... is terrible. There are always potholes and loose gravel- the stores are always packed... maybe use some of that money for new parking lots to bring more people into the stores... just saying.
I have days off when my friends work... so I don't get much socializing with people. I understand this makes me sound like a psychopath... I'm not an animal whisperer... not to be confused with slightly crazy having conversations with pets. (they half-way listen and don't respond, its kind of nice)
On my off days I need to be more productive- and I always wake up with a to-do list... which seemingly gets pushed to the imaginary back-est of the back burners... then by midnight, I'm amped up and ready to start checking things off- realize I have an early day the next day and regret my unproductive day. It's becoming a weekly re-occurrence.
Luckily I have some time tomorrow to be the change that I need to see- laundry will be done, dishes will be done, litterbox will be done--- and that's probably it. Don't want to be an over achiever.
On the weight front- I'm down 44. My next goal is 11 lbs away. I need to stop shopping so much so that I can afford my reward... my first REAL Coach purse. It sounds stupid... but I've got a fake one, I've got a tiny zipper wallet- I want to buy this for myself because it's something that I've wanted for a while. I'm working hard, and I deserve it.

I'm a lucky girl. I've got amazing friends, a super amazing family... just missing one piece and hoping to find him soon.

Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grief... and Depression

From the book On Grief and Grieving ,"Empty feelings present themselves, and grief enters our lives on a deeper level, deeper than we e...