Sunday, May 1, 2011

Good, Bad and Ugly...

So this weekend started out just like the phrase says- started out good- no, Great!
A Royal Wedding- which, yes, I watched every second of... but most importantly, a great friend from college and her husband are expecting their first child in June, a baby girl. Her baby shower was Saturday. Naturally, I wanted to help out any way I can. The shower went down without a hitch- and the parents received some amazing gifts.
Saturday night, I went back to a girlfriends place and hung out for a couple hours- still having a great time, though exhausted from watching the Royal Wedding... working the next day... and helping with the shower.
I got up today, like any other day, to the phone ringing. It was my wisest cousin (notice I didn't say oldest) whom I am planning a visit with next weekend. Little did we know, my weekend visit in Nashville is the same weekend as the Kentucky Derby. I do have a bit of anxiety, now, with driving through Louisville on the biggest horse track racing weekend- and hopefully will not get into any traffic... well, any ridiculous dead-stopped on the highway when you have to pee kind of traffic.
So we mapped out when I'm leaving Indy and got it all figured out.
I go in to work today, feeling great- until I got my numbers for the month... which I'm praying are not accurate. I believe I missed making my goal by 0.14 (of a minute). If this is the case, I will surely be devastated.... but will also accept the shortcomings- as they are my fault, and can only improve from here. That's when it turned bad...
Here's where it turned ugly... I got a message back on the dating website, PlentyOfFish.com from a guy that I had messaged. He's 37, never married with no kids... sounds suspicious- maybe a little too good to be true.... well, it turns out, he's a total ass.
His response to me was "Other than eating, what do you think we have in common?"
Immediately, I'm holding back tears.
I'm not proud of the weight I've put on. I hate myself when I look in the mirror, everyone that knows me- knows this. Its incredibly frustrating.... but with that being said, I'm not one of these fattards you see on television playing video games for 20 hours a day. I'm active. I'm mostly happy, (just not with myself) and I'm healthy for the most part as well.... what the hell.
I've been trying to chalk it up to ignorance all day long, but my mom taught me from a young age- if you have nothing nice to say.... SAY NOTHING. Why did he feel the need to rub my fat-ness back into my face. "other than eating..." My first response was "Wow, that was rude" but I wasn't done. It stewed in my brain for another 90 seconds.... I wanted to be mean, but I don't have it in me. So here's what I came up with...
"Just because I feel sorry for your lack of the ability to find someone with a damn... I am not a fat lazy ass with nothing better to do. I am also college educated with an amazing job... I enjoy sports movies and playing cards as well as doing activities in the summer... Being outdoors and traveling. As for anything else we may have in common...we will never know"
I know I didn't really stick-it-to-him like I wanted to... but I hope I got my point across just the same. He hurt my feelings. Bad. I'm still really pissed off about it and I'd like nothing more than to kick him square in the nuts until he feels like I do right now. But.... that won't happen, so I'm going to try my hardest to go to bed tonight, praying for strength... so that I will wake up tomorrow, a better person than I am right now.
I also heard from the ass-tard. He missed his payment on a school loan that my dad helped him get. My dad called him to give a friendly reminder. Apparently he didn't like that- cause he asked me and my parents not to contact him again. I really wanted to tell him that if he wasn't late, he wouldn't have to worry about it.... but I think its good for him to get that "friendly" reminder if he's late again. After all, it's got nothing to do with me, like my dad said... it's a business transaction between the two of them. Don't be late. I'd hate to see my dad angry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grief... and Depression

From the book On Grief and Grieving ,"Empty feelings present themselves, and grief enters our lives on a deeper level, deeper than we e...