Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Life Changing

So... I woke up this morning... after my dad scared the hell out of me with a text "call me when you get up" at 8 am.... or something early and equally as insane. Of course, I can't let a text like that go by without calling immediately. I think the conversation went something like this:
>ring, ring<
Dad: hello! (obnoxiously perky)
Me: whats wrong? (sleepy and more than likely, slurred)
Dad: nothing's wrong, why? (still perky)
Me: You said to call. I'm calling.
Dad: I didn't mean to call now, I know you're sleeping.
Me: No emergency?
Dad: No, why?
Me: You said to call. Can I go back to bed?
Dad: Call me when you get up.
Me: But no emergency, everyone is okay, where's mom?
Dad: She's fine go back to bed.

Ok, so. Yeah. Of course, I couldn't go back to bed. My new phone was coming today! I wanted to make sure I heard it when the FedEx man came, so I got my pillow and blanket, and laid down on the couch. Sure enough, an hour and a half later- BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!
I almost fell off the couch. I literally rolled off the couch, and ran, almost killing both cats, to the front door. The FedEx man must have known by my lack of real-world clothes (tank top and sweat pants) that I had just gotten up.... or maybe it was the squashed side pony tail that had once rested neatly in the back of my head. But he handed me my phone, and I tried to sign for it with something that looked like my name.
Instantly, it was like I'd slept my full night of sleep, I was exhausted, but I ripped open the box, and started piecing it together. I plugged it in and started exploring. I have no idea what I'm doing and I'm sure that I will log many, many more hours of frustration on the phone- but I can say, I'm warming up to the swipe texting... I've almost got all the contacts transferred over. And so far, so good. I'm now using a Smart Phone.......... that is smarter than the user.

p.s. no communication with the assturd... and it feels strange. I slightly miss him today... maybe cause I cleaned out the litter box, which I hate, hate, hate and he used to do it cause I hate it so much. I hope that's the only reason. shitbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grief... and Depression

From the book On Grief and Grieving ,"Empty feelings present themselves, and grief enters our lives on a deeper level, deeper than we e...