Monday, May 16, 2011

Somebody To Love....

So... Its after midnight and I'm sitting here, (don't make fun) jamming to the soundtrack of Glee. Queen's version of "Somebody To Love" came on and I love it. I feel like that is the anthem to my life right now... since my mother has failed at her 2 blind dates (don't know that she failed, just stopped trying) I'm now reaching out to friends and complete strangers. Someone has to know someone (who knows someone....etc) that has a single friend, that isn't an ass.
"I work hard, every day of my life (not quite till I ache in my bones)
At the end of the day, I take my hard earned pay on my own. I get down on my knees and I start to pray. Somebody- can anybody find me somebody to love? ......... but everybody wants to put me down, they say I'm going crazy.... " Something to that effect.
Yes, I sympathize. Someone actually asked me what I think I have in common with them, besides eating. Definitely can say that I'm getting put down, but not letting it get to me. Trust that I gave him a nasty response to the "what do we have in common besides eating" comment. What a jerk.
I just have to keep the faith. Be patient. And keep bugging everyone that I know to set me up. :)
Since you're reading this.... do you know anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grief... and Depression

From the book On Grief and Grieving ,"Empty feelings present themselves, and grief enters our lives on a deeper level, deeper than we e...