Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Sneak Peek.....

So just a short post tonight... I'm far to pissed off to post much more than something short.
I just watched 16 and Pregnant... I couldn't help but think that I was catching a tiny glimpse into what my future would have been like. The girl's parents and her baby daddy couldn't get along.... at all. He had a ridiculous temper- and I'm pretty sure I had deja vous several times.... of course this isn't verbatum but he said, "they're my kids, not theirs" when he was speaking to his 16 year old girlfriend about the fate of the twins she was carrying.... and his baby's mother's parents.
There was a point when he walked out- right after they had come home from the hospital and her family was coming by to see the twins. The dad just walked out. His twins were like, a few days old... he got upset because there were visitors coming by to show support and love to the babies... and he walked out. He sent the baby's mom a text saying that he would only come by to see the babies if her parent's weren't there (at their home). So a week went by. He didn't try to come see his children. The children he was so adamant about having his last name. So she called him to come see them while her parents were gone one day. He put them into his car to take them to his house so he could be more comfortable.
He was driving erratically, speeding, and ended up throwing the baby's mom out of the car after her mom called. He took off with the kids.
She was pleading to get her kids, she was begging for him to slow down- I remember having moments like this.... not with children involved, but him being behind the wheel and me seeing my life flash before my eyes.
The hatred felt and expressed for my family. The obligation to always make him comfortable... no matter what anyone else felt.
I'm so glad I could see a sneak peek into what I never would have ever wanted for my life. And what it could have been if I would have said, "I do" on July 3, 2010....


I hate to say it, but I'm glad things turned out the way they did.
I know I'm not the only one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grief... and Depression

From the book On Grief and Grieving ,"Empty feelings present themselves, and grief enters our lives on a deeper level, deeper than we e...